#5 - Train (Hey Soul Sister)

This is a fairly recent song that has been released but I really like the song's lyrics as well as the music video. This still shot provides an excellent example of a graphic match where the letters on the people are already painted onto their shirts from a white out which I think is very clever. Throughout the video there is a cartoon element where the writing is shown to be written on the brick walls and smudges it as the words move along the wall.
#4 - Newton Faulkner (All I Got)
This is one of my favourite songs as well as the music video that goes along with it. The setting for the music video is within a guitar world shown by the still shot. The use of special effects here has made this music video memorable because the idea of an acoustic song within an acoustic world is a perfect setting for the song. Also the actions of the performer Newton Faulkner are related to the lyrics within the song that expresses the individuals emotions.#3 - Bloodhound Gang (The Bad Touch)
This music video is very interesting, I am not sure what to make of it but I really enjoy it. Although there is some relevance to the lyrics the majority of the video is pretty strange. The whole idea of this video is to make the audience laugh and associate the song with the video. Also this type of video is a great example of a video that would be marketed through word of mouth. The still shot expresses a scene within the video which is very amusing to watch.#2 - Vanilla Ice (Ice Ice Baby)
I think this is such a classic music video. The outrageous Vanilla Ice, in my opinion has created a gem of a music video. What I enjoy about this video is the very questionable dancing which is so bad its good, I find it very amusing. However the video has very good aspects in terms of media studies. The lighting within the video is very effective which creates distinct shadows, this technique is called chiaroscuro. The still shot shows this technique very clearly in addition to a very high angle long shot of the men dancing.#1 - The Lonely Island (Jizz in my Pants)

This is my number 1 favourite music video. Although this band started their career on "YouTube" they have become a huge hit from this very song and music video. I find this video hilarious and recommend it to anybody aged between 16 to 30 years. This music video is the most relevant to the lyrics than any other song I have listened to in my life. To carry off this video the singers had to deliver a comical performance and I believe they pulled it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment